Acquiring skills for the workplace level 3
Duration: 6 weeks
Cost: Free dependant on funding
Dates & availability
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01273 311901 to find out more.
The course will run for 6 weeks, two days a week. One day with the tutor and another day at work placement. The course will aim to:
- Offer participants the opportunity to gain practical experience in the workplace
- Support the participants through classroom-based learning to identify and build on their skills to prepare them for future employment
- Enable participants to carry out specific research and devise a plan towards gaining future employment
- Help participants to explore the culture and structure of the organisation of their placement organisation and to examine their own position within it
- Give participants the opportunity to enhance their CVs and to practice and develop their interview skills
- For participants to work towards gaining a Level 3 LASER accredited qualification by successfully achieving the stated objectives
- To offer appropriate support to the participants and to encourage a climate on the course for mutual support towards successful completion
Our Acquiring Skills for the Workplace tutor is a professional with experience in community development and further education and will support participants to build professional and interpersonal skills.
Who is it for
Individuals who are unemployed and looking for practical work experience and to learn new skills to increase their employability.
An accredited qualification to boost your employability and the skills necessary to build confidence, write a CV and attend interviews.
Over the 6 weeks’ participants will have one classroom based lesson each week and another day at their work placement within the public or private sectors. Participants will build a coursework portfolio based on both theory and work experience and this will count towards the final qualification.