Mentors and peer mentoring
Dates & availability
Please email email@example.com or call us on 01273 311901 to find out more.
We have particular expertise in setting up schemes with people who are migrants or from international backgrounds. Our workshops will give you the skills and knowledge to start your own project. Once you’re up and running, we offer support sessions to keep the momentum going.
Our facilitator has extensive experience setting up and running mentoring and peer mentoring schemes with universities, colleges and local authorities. She was the Mentoring Manager with Aimhigher Sussex, working with university students to encourage school children to raise their aspirations and increase their academic confidence.
Who is it for
Individuals or groups looking to gain the skills and knowledge of mentoring in order to set up schemes within the workplace or educational institutions
A team that feels valued and more willing to contribute and work hard.
Our training will give you the skills to:
- Create a ‘mentoring contract’, outlining the mentor’s responsibilities, including confidentiality and boundaries
- Apply for Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks
- Draw up relevant criteria to recruit mentors
- Use different techniques to train your mentors, including sharing life stories and the use of case studies
- Support your mentors to engage in activities and set goals with their mentees
- Guide your mentors on how to bring the mentoring relationship to a successful close